[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile Update

  • From: Christof Lutteroth <lutteroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 12:04:50 +1200

Hi!

scott mc wrote:
Anything new to report on Stack and Tile? Is there a newer patch available? Seems there's been many recent changes to the files that get patched so the older patch is a mess to apply now. Has the research programmer started working on it yet or is that still to come? Any idea on if/when the code will be moved into Haiku's svn?
-scottmc

Yes, the research programmer has started working on it. And he implemented the missing persistence of snapping. Next he will sort out other issues such as making sure that the windows in a stack minimize/maximize together.

I am working on a new constraint solver. Not sure when that will be ready, but apart from being bulky and a bit unpredictable lp_solve seems to work fine for now, so this is probably not critical.

I will get a new patch ready soon. Is it ok if the patch is generated by git? With git it is easier to branch Haiku for Stack & Tile on our server and still merge in new changes from the Haiku trunk.

Cheers,
Christof