[haiku-development] Re: Should these be implemented?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:46:47 -0400

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Ingo Weinhold<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Not that it helps finding the menu item, but IMHO "Get Info" should be
> renamed to "Properties" (the most fitting name so far), the missing ellipsis
> be added, and the functionality of the "FileType" add-on be moved there too.

+1 on the missing ellipsis. I've seen other instances where it is
missing around Haiku that I will fix next time I see them.

Regarding the FileTypes add-on, I agree it should be more integrated
into Tracker, but I've gotten used to hitting Option+Command+F to
bring it up. I've been using it a lot when testing new icon designs.
So my only caveat on that one would be to have a keyboard shortcut
(even if just a hidden one) for it in Get Info/Properties dialog.

P.S. Ingo, your webmail does not seem to be wrapping your emails.

--
Regards,
Ryan