[haiku-development] Re: Set*UIColor Version 3b Patch

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 07:12:30 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:11:55PM -0600, looncraz wrote:

Okay. Adding those two words will take me far too long with git than
they're worth, IMO.

It seems the only way is to rewind the head manually, apply each commit up
to, and including that one, then amending that commit, then applying all the
rest. If there weren't 30 commits after that, I might be more willing to
add those two words :p

You should look at "git rebase -i", and the "reword" feature there.

Ugh, and I'm a generally fantastic speeler and tipyst. Sadly, those are
both in a commit message, immortalized unless I go through the immense
hassle of rewinding, amending, and recommitting.

Same here.

I'm certainly not trying to waste anyone's time - I code 4-6 days a week,
8~16 hrs a day... in a completely different style. What looks right to you
looks wrong to me and vice versa.

Most of us Haiku devs have the same problem of handling with a different
style in our paid jobs. It's not a matter of the code looking good or
bad, but of the code looking consistent.

--
Adrien.