[haiku-development] Re: Set*UIColor Version 3b Patch

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:41:34 +0100

Hi looncraz,

On 17.11.2015 08:19, Axel Dörfler wrote:

Am 16/11/2015 um 22:16 schrieb looncraz:
On 11/11/2015 16:48, looncraz wrote:
I have cleaned up the commit history immensely, rebased off the
current master (after Julian Harnath's view layer commit).
Can I get some feedback on this or get it committed please?

I don't want to have to keep trying to keep this branch up to date.

There hasn't been a single reason given against including it, nor a
single change requested, so am I to assume that is then acceptable and
can be pushed by anyone who feels like doing so?

Patience is a virtue :-)
We suck at having time, and we also suck at having time for reviewing
someone else's work. Applying any patches without proper review is not a
good idea, and can lead to things like an unbootable system [1].

I did give some arguments about things I didn't like with the previous
patch. I don't think you changed any of these things yet. However, I
don't think this should prevent merging your changes.

In any case, I plan to look at your patch, and I'm hopeful to find the
time until the end of this week.

FWIIW, I also plan on reviewing it, just didn't find the time yet. I greatly appreciate your work on cleaning up your patchset!

Best regards,
-Stephan