[haiku-development] Re: Security

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 09:24:04 +0200

I have never see a secure system, nothing is secure, so far, but i
think, the point is:
Haiku are a Desktop System, this means for Programms (App's), the
focus is running apps fast and make good apps, with the BeAPI.
The BeAPI are casses and methodes to do good stuff (ok he need more
work here, to making stuff like Apple Metal, Sprite-Kit etc but Haiku
(BeOS) System Design is ready , we have Server and Kits!)

Haiku is not more or less secure as other os but haiku not os os for
server, super-computer, embedded systems.
Hacking over network (internet/local) are secure ssh key and
kernel-multiuser in a single system are good for this. Only on API
Layer and Apps security is not so good but other system are 10%
security in this point.

PS: we have not secure internet, why we made secure os for what? A OS
are a runtime machine to do stuff withour machine, made images, music,
graphics, make claculation and automations.

Please let us talk about better release circle and how can learn haiku
and how can make apps and how and why it is better brake something jet
(compile, updown compatibility, etc)

I see problems with the goals and non inovations from the management
and missing develop power (developer he can develop and not aks about
the vision!)

We need better Design rules, we need more fixes in Kernel BeFS and we
need a stable API for making apps, hmm and fixes like server and kits
layer.

We dont need a Browser or Packagesmangemant stuff at time or QT or GTK
port. ! ( i say it because its not good to have but the vision are
goes in the wrong way)

Let us make Haiku ready for making good apps and a haiku hardware for
the open world.
( the system design are "kernel --> libs -> server --> kits --> apps"
with multitask, memory protection and a simply using but 100%
contoling your system not like chrome os (here, only good stuff from
chrome os is the UI)

In short, let us make a OS like Chrome OS with good apps like Apple
Apps (Keynode, iMovie etc) with out firmeware blobs and ads and
without clouds or system contolling stuff. A free OS for free Hardware
for free Humans.