[haiku-development] Re: libtool link_all_deplibs

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:57:17 +0200

On 01.09.2014 22:54, Jérôme Duval wrote:
at the moment we configure libtool with link_all_deplibs = yes.
This has the consequence that we link a program against each
dependencies of a shared library: SDL_image for instance, and each of
the libraries that depend on it, libjpeg, etc..
Haikuporter detects that and says we should declare the dependencies.
This can in the long term be a difficult to maintain correct
dependencies on applications using some "interface" libraries.

Question: is this something that should be changed? For Haiku itself?
For  Haikuports only?

This entry might just have been copied from another OS's (BeOS) settings or its meaning may have been misunderstood. If it means what you say, I think we should indeed change it.

CU, Ingo