[haiku-development] Re: Runtime loader errors when trying to test JavaScriptCore

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:53:11 -0400

Well I figured out the problem. I used a BeOS version of the ICU
shared libraries (which I built a  while ago) to build JavaScriptCore
and the testkjs test app. The building worked fine, but when I try to
run testkjs in Haiku with those libraries the runtime loader tries to
load libstdc++.r4.so since the ICU libraries reference it.

Now I assume this might normally work fine on a Haiku built with GCC
2.95, but I'm building with GCC 4.x.

So I may try building JavaScriptCore with GCC 2.95, since I believe
some other people have gotten that working. But I don't know if the
rest of WebKit will work with that. Luckily their coding style seems
similar to ours so I don't think they use really advanced C++
techniques that GCC 2.95 can't handle. But I guess I'll see.

By the way, it is the case that if I build Haiku with GCC 2.95 those
BeOS-built ICU shared libraries will work, right? I would like to be
sure before I spend time working on that...

Also, thanks to Bryan Varner in IRC for recommending I use strace. By
the way, the -l option is what does the trick for this kind of problem
;)

Ryan