[haiku-development] Ruby to drop support for 9 platforms, including BeOS

  • From: "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:11:06 -0700

As announced here...

http://www.rubyinside.com/ruby-1-9-0-3-and-drops-support-for-9-platforms-970.html

...Ruby plans to drop support for 9 platforms, including BeOS. Per the
announcement, Ruby developers plan to "remove platform-specific codes
for them from Ruby, unless someone become a maintainer by 25 Sep."

I am not sure who maintained the BeOS specific code, or if there is
anyone interested in avoiding the BeOS code from being removed (for
the sake of future Haiku support, that is), but thought I would notify
the Haiku developers in case there is anyone out there who would like
to step up.

Jorge