[haiku-development] Re: Removing /boot/common

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:08:54 +0200

On 09/29/2013 12:31 PM, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
Given that the discussion has died down and I haven't seen any technical
argument against it, I would like to go ahead and start the change.

I guess there just aren't any technical arguments against it.
I would prefer to have a system separate from common to have everything that is the core of haiku in a single directory. But since that is all, I don't mind too much if that doesn't convince you :-)

Well, I have one technical argument, after all: how would you override system level things (like an add-on) for all users?

Bye,
   Axel.