[haiku-development] Re: Rant about quality and testing

  • From: Jorma Karvonen <karvonen.jorma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:10:13 +0200

Some problem is caused also because localized applications are tested
first after some translation is available in HTA.

I personally learned only a week or two ago, how I could create my own
temporary translation about localized application (patch) and was able
to test source code localization changes.

But another problem is also that src/tests/ branch is not tested after
changes in Haiku source code. There are test applications for some
source code parts, but they are not kept in sync.

I have sometimes tried to build some braches in src/tests/ and
provided patches to fix problems I have encountered. But nobody is
committed those patches and after some months they are maybe too old
to be merged any more.

For example:  #6134 (https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6134 9 months
ago), #7024 (https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7024 2 months ago),
#7025 (https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7025 2 months ago),  #7027