[haiku-development] Re: RFC: common i2c / ddc / edid code -- Prob Axel?

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 08:56:29 -0500

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 08:37:51 +0200, Axel Dörfler wrote:
On 09/02/2011 11:03 PM, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
I have hit a pretty large roadblock in the design of the common i2c /
ddc code however.

RadeonHD specifies i2c bus information per connector...

i2c.mask_clk_reg = le16_to_cpu(gpio->usClkMaskRegisterIndex) * 4;
i2c.mask_data_reg = le16_to_cpu(gpio->usDataMaskRegisterIndex) * 4;
i2c.en_clk_reg = le16_to_cpu(gpio->usClkEnRegisterIndex) * 4;
[...]
I really want to use the common i2c / ddc / edid code, however it is
designed around static definitions of these masks:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/accelerants/intel_extreme/mode.cpp#L72

I can't really follow you here: where do you see a static definition?
Those methods get a cookie from the bus structure you defined, and
that one can easily hold the info you need. Where do you see the need
for extension specifically?

ahhh. pass the function a void pointer to the relevant gConnector struct that contains the pll information through cookie that has the pll info populated which i'll typecast

kallisti5 puts on his dunce cap. I have trouble thinking outside of example
code sometimes :)

BTW you did not yet comment on my suggestion to rename
video_electronics.h to video_configuration.h.

Sounds good. video_configuration isn't a bad name.  It's also
generic enough to allow us to add to it in the future for overall
screen configuration.

Sorry for the delays... I just moved and don't have the internet
hooked up yet.

Thanks!

  -- Alex