[haiku-development] Re: RFC: B_INVALID flag for BControlLook

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 12:36:50 +0200

On 10/02/2014 12:28 PM, Axel Dörfler wrote:
Am 02.10.2014 12:07, schrieb Stephan Aßmus:
I believe that -/+ buttons would still work for spinning something like
"January". I don't see why it wouldn't be suitable for a universal
spinner. And there have been examples why they are better than arrows.

They would definitely work for something like January. They wouldn't
really work that good for example when spinning between card deck suits,
or basically anything that doesn't have a numerical order.

But if we agree on allowing spinners only for numeric based types (could
even be restricted in the interface guide only), we wouldn't even need
to have this conversation, so maybe we should focus on that first ;-)

Besides, there's always the option to allow for setting the button icons (or even replace the buttons) via the API.

CU, Ingo