[haiku-development] Re: RFC: B_INVALID flag for BControlLook

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:25:38 -0500

On 10/2/2014 10:29, John Scipione wrote:
https://github.com/jscipione/haiku/blob/spinner/src/kits/interface/Spinner.cpp
https://github.com/jscipione/haiku/blob/spinner/headers/private/interface/Spinner.h

Why doesn't BSpinner implement BControl rather than BView and BInvoker? I'm sure there must be a reason.

This BSpinner current stores its value as a double... which means it
works with numbers only, it could be modified to work with a string
instead if you wanted to support things like months or suites but that
doesn't seem like it has much of a point.

I, for one, have never used a spinner on a desktop app for any purpose other than numbers. They seem an illogical choice for any other purpose when using a mouse.

Using -/+ instead of arrows seems like a decent idea to me.

+1 Just to put that out there ;-) Makes more sense, honestly, than arrows...

--The loon (not that my opinion matters, but while I'm at it...)