[haiku-development] Re: R1 Status Update Request

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:03:10 +0000

2008/6/26 Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:49:50 +0000, Salvatore Benedetto wrote
>> Has anyone been able to fully build haiku from haiku?
>
> I did so last night and I am doing it right now while I'm writing this. I've
> more or less switched fully to Haiku when on the go. I get internet through
> usb_ecm and my mobile phone (Firefox runs extremely well for me by now), get
> sound out of HDA through OSS and since the stability has become fairly good (I
> get KDL pretty rarely, most of the time with continuable errors), I'm not
> really looking back at my BeOS R5 on this machine. Due to file caching
> actually not only caching as few as on R5 the performance of svn and jam is
> absolutely reasonable, better than on R5, but of course with the to be
> expected issues through the lack of an IO scheduler and proper pre-fetching.
> But in general Haiku has become everyday usable for me in the last few weeks.

Do you think the I/O Scheduler should be part of R1?

I'm going to install Haiku on my laptop real soon now, and try to use
it on a daily basis (hopefully
it'll boot).

I'd like to hear from the others develpoer what's missing?

I understand this is not the first time I ask this question, but my
intention is to try and keep everybody
focus on R1.

Regards,
--