[haiku-development] Re: QT for R2

  • From: Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:19:29 +1300

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:52:20 +1300, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/19/2012 08:23 PM, Clemens Zeidler wrote:
we could offer this task *)
[...]
*)
Task: Design and implement missing classes for the Haiku api

Designing a good API needs a really good developer, and one that has put much time into getting to know the problem the API should solve. Best someone who has a lot of experience designing APIs.
IOW I don't think this is a good GSoC task.

sure but I don't see why we should not offer it then. I don't expect a rocket stable api in the end but maybe a already good api that could be further improved. By starting with simple classes like container classes this should be not too difficult, e.g. BArray, BHashMap should be quite similar to BList. Furthermore, there are enough good apis out there where a student can get inspiration from. From the time span this should fits nicely into GSoC so its just the matter of finding a good student.

Regards,
        Clemens