[haiku-development] Re: Press Space for Boot Options in Bootloader

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:44:18 +0100

Adrien Destugues wrote:
> They have, however, a menu
> that show up automatically when the last boot attempt failed.

I was going to suggest something similar. I wouldn't like to clutter the
boot for people who have it working fine. When Haiku hangs on boot, how
much of the kernel is up and running? Would it be possible to have
another thread be monitoring the boot and maybe show a message warning
that safe mode options may be needed and suggesting how to set them?