[haiku-development] Re: Press Space for Boot Options in Bootloader

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:44:44 +0200

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 20:21, Karl vom Dorff wrote:

> Would a subtle, right bottom aligned small  'press space for boot options'
> be a good idea (at least for the alpha/beta, or even in the final)?

Yes, I think this would be a good idea also in final releases. Even
though it would currently be impossible to read the message and then
hit the key, it still means the user knows what to do on the next boot
attempt.

I know the following is hard to implement, but would it also be
possible to allow pressing the key further into the boot process?
Could pressing the key, say upto the point where Haiku starts mounting
file systems in write mode, somehow back out of the boot and offer the
boot menu instead?

-Truls