[haiku-development] Re: OSS hangs during boot on Delta Audiophile 2496

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:37:25 +0100 CET

> I've tried booting my system from a USB thumbdrive, but Haiku KDLs
> during
> OSS init. With logging enabled, I get:
>
>  >oss:init_osscore: 0x00000000
>  >oss: matching pci 1412,1712
>  >install_io_interrupt_handler(15, 0x84fbd3e0, 0x811030cc, 0) =
> > 0x00000000
>
> The kernel says:
>
>  >PANIC: acquire_spinlock: attempt to acquire lock 0x817de2e4 with
>  >interrupts enabled
>  >
>  >Welcome to Kernel Debugging Land...
>  >Thread 15 "main2" running on CPU 0
>

> The culprit here is my Delta Audiophile 2496. It does work fine under
> Windows, but there /may/ be interrupt problems with this Asus P5Q
> mainboard and the Audiophile. When I built this system I couldn't get
> the
> Audiophile to work together with a Soundblaster Live 5.1; the
> Audiophile
> wouldn't work reliably. After I threw out the Soundblaster, no
> problems.
> However, the combination of the two soundcards did work fine on the
> last
> two or three mainboards, so the problem isn't inherent to their
> combination.

Does the KDL happen with both cards only or also with only the
Audiophile ?

Could be some IRQ the card doesn't handle as not comming from itself.
Though there shouldn't be any point where a spinlock is cought with irq
enabled.

> But I can't really say if this is a "normal" OSS error or PCI/IRQ
> related.
> Anything I can do to help debug this? I should be able to build OSS
> and do
> some testing if given directions.

A stack crawl at least would help (type bt ENTER)

Also, it seems there is a native Audiophile driver in the sources, you
could probably give it a try (you'll have to add it yourself to the
build, and remove oss_loader or the oss package to make sure they don't
colide).

François.