[haiku-development] Re: OSS hangs during boot on Delta Audiophile 2496

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:01:48 +0100

François Revol:
> Does the KDL happen with both cards only or also with only the
Audiophile ?

Only the Audiophile is installed. The onboard sound is enabled,
but doesn't seem to be recognized.

Could be some IRQ the card doesn't handle as not comming from itself.
Though there shouldn't be any point where a spinlock is cought with irq enabled.

"shouldn't" is the most interesting phase of software development. ;-)

A stack crawl at least would help (type bt ENTER)

http://www.elenthara.de/Haiku/oss_kdl.png

Also, it seems there is a native Audiophile driver in the sources, you could probably give it a try (you'll have to add it yourself to the build, and remove oss_loader or the oss package to make sure they don't colide).

Where do I configure that it is added to the image? I'm cross-building
from Linux.

I might note that I don't really need sound, as I'll only use native Haiku for driver testing ATM. But I'm interested in helping to fix any bugs so that "real" users don't run into them.

Christian