[haiku-development] New Coverity site and results online

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 09:16:13 -0700

Hey all,

In my last email, I mentioned that Coverity had upgraded our scan
results/site to a new version of their software.

I also mentioned that I would be running a new scan to see if it found
any additional issues - and I actually did this on Sunday and uploaded
the results.

It seems the new version of the software I ran on my build machine,
and the analysis done by the server found an additional ~500 new
issues since the last scan shortly before.

The new UI allows easier filtering down the left side of the "Defects"
tab - but it doesn't any longer work on Web+ - apparently the large
center area which is probably populated via AJAX never loads. I'm not
sure if this is some kind of UserAgent-related issue, or if Web+ is
simply struggling with the site - if anyone has time to investigate
and let me know what they find that would be awesome. If it turns out
to be something wrong with the UserAgent sniffing on Coverity's side,
I can perhaps work with them to get that resolved.

Let me know if there are any questions. As usual, please refer to the
Coverity wiki page on our dev site for more information:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Coverity

Thanks,

Urias McCullough