[haiku-development] Re: Maintainer of the ARM port

  • From: Ithamar Adema <ithamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 21:40:59 +0200

Hi Georg!

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 8:35 PM, Georg Lanzl <georg.lanzl@xxxxxx> wrote:

After some reading I gave it a try width the beagle board and ended up in
KDL when trying to mount the roots (as expected).

Cool, that means your development environment is setup correctly and all of
that works ;)

* Are there any plans what should be done next?

If you search the haiku-development list for ARM I'm sure you'll find
several messages describing it (sorry, don't have the time to do that atm).

Basically, there are 2 major things to move further:
- More SoC support in the kernel (which would be best done by fleshing out
the FDT support)
- Implement a driver for some storage medium to use as boot volume. I was
hoping to implement FDT support into the USB stack so we could use USB
devices to boot, but have not gotten around to doing that, as it turned out
to be more work then I had time. Another option would of course be an SD
Card layer, which could be based off the BSD code.

* Is there a ARM group and some sort of leader for coordinating things?

There are a handful of devs (on-and-off) active on Haiku/ARM, and they are
all on this list, so usually the discussions take place here, on this list.

I would advice to look at the mailing list archives of this list for
(relatively) recent ARM threads, and if there any specific questions, feel
free to ask here! Any work on Haiku/ARM is very much appreciated!

Ithamar.