[haiku-development] Re: MacMini status update

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 06:26:12 -0500

On , scottmc wrote:
On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Alexander von Gluck IV
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning,

The 3 MacMini's i'm hosting that were donated by Mozilla have been
configured and deployed:
http://imgur.com/5en8C4T [1]

I decided to run CoreOS on them to get as close to bare metal as
possible.
We're running two linux Docker containers on each MacMini:

hmini3055
- CentOS 7.0
- CentOS 7.0
hmini3235
- Ubuntu 14.04
- Ubuntu 14.04
hmini3389
- ArchLinux
- ArchLinux

I'll need to move them at some point, but for now i'm running them
to see how they behave.
If you're interested, the Dockerfiles I created to spin up the
buildslaves are here:

https://bitbucket.org/kallisti5/haikuosbot-docker [2]

You can check the status of these nodes here:
http://buildbot.haiku-os.org/buildslaves [3]

(The slaves above are named kallisti5-os01/02)
There were some errors early on, please ignore those failed builds
as they should cycle out as commits are made.

I also need to generate an SSH key so the buildslaves can upload
the resulting images.

-- Alex

I now have the last 4 mac minis and would like to set three of them up
as buildbots, perhaps building packages using haikuporter.  They will
boot and run haiku via usb stick but I wan't able to install haiku on
the harddrive and get it to boot.  I was able to format and partition
the harddrive and put the haikuports tree on it and run haiku booted
off the usb stick.  This gives I think about 200GB to work with on the
harddrive for building packages.  I haven't tried buildbot before so
not sure what or how to get it to work or if it even runs on haiku.
Am I heading down the wrong path?  Should I just install a different
OS on the harddrive?

I plan to use the forth mac mini so that I can run haiku on bare metal
and use it as a dev box for writing and testing new haikuports recipes
and such.  Can anyone who's got a buildbot up and running let me know
the steps to follow to get this up and running?

You can try my docker container scripts, they make running buildbots easy...

 1) Install CoreOS onto the MacMini
 2) Mount CoreOS and set the 'core' user password before rebooting
 3) git clone https://bitbucket.org/kallisti5/haikuosbot-docker.git
 4) generate an ssh key to upload results with and place it in assets.
    (see build.sh, it will tell you the file name)
 5) choose the directory of the OS you want and cd to it.
6) tweak the settings file, set your name and number of buildslaves to make (2GB RAM per VM)
    start on buildbot-test.haiku-os.org:19989
 7) ./build.sh
 8) ./slavectl.sh start

Let us know your buildslave names so Olta or I can generate you a password for your settings file.

-- Alex