[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 12:15:28 +0200

Yes Haiku are verry nice and works, but some leading ships are not so nice.
When i leading ship haiku :-) Then will pushed some thnigs:
- 1. compiler
Here i see llvm/clang more potetial as the gcc4
- 2. more 64Bit support for x68 and AMD (MIPS are comming back) (yes
remove r5 backward compatibility)
- 3. new simple but mordern design like chrome os
- 4. Stable the KITS, because App Developer can make Apps yet and by a
new release need only recompile the app.
- 5. remove unless code (back up this before) eg: atari, mk68 port and
 x86 32bit and more
- 6. learn other devleopers from guru developers, this can do with
documentation what haiku are and how its works.
- 7. remove blobs, we dont need a closed code in haiku, free are better.
- 8. a set of hardware he work and a main development board
(minowboard are x86, arm ? Tegra board?), here we need communicate
with hardware ventor.
-9. case studio of apps for making music, video, imageprocessing etc..
- 10. democratically duration of members of board in a two years
circle, with a memo of haiku design
(kernel->[libs->]server->kits=>apps) and this cant remove or de
designed.

Let us make a own world and looking what is good and not and what are
the future eg: 4k are coming is haiku ready for this (font rendering ,
layouting, etc)

so far, so good
stargater