[haiku-development] Re: Layout engine

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:08:32 +0000

On 2009-04-06 at 08:00:18 [+0000], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> > rootView (BGroupLayout, horizontal)
> >    - tabView (BGridLayout)
> >        - child controls
>
> Looking at Fonts, the BGroupLayout in the root view should better be
> vertical, I guess (at least the "revert" and "default" buttons are below
> the tab, not text to it :-)).

In src/tests/kits/interface/look/Look.cpp:318ff, you can see how I do it
there with a BTabView.

In any case, you can safely assume that things are supposed to be
intuitive. If something does not work, it's a bug "somewhere". Doesn't
really matter if it's in your code or in Haiku's, but seeing your code
which triggers the problem is *always* helpful. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan