[haiku-development] Re: I'd like to try Haiku native. Is it possible with my config?

  • From: "Gábor Nyékhelyi" <n0gabor.maillist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:58:09 +0200

2007/6/5, Euan Kirkhope <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On your system SATA might be an issue, don't think the Sata driver is
finished? But I think you have good chances.  Remember you need to
make your Haiku partition bootable.  I need to use Zeta to do that as
the Linux makebootable app doesn't work for me.

The problem is that i965 chipset whit ICH8R doesn't support IDE anymore.
It's controlled by 3rd party chips, in my case Jmicron JMB363, it supports 2
additional SATA and 1 IDE.
I read on the haiku site that Jmicron is providing the specs for their hw,
but i don't know the status of the driver.