[haiku-development] Re: I'd like to try Haiku native. Is it possible with my config?

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:19:51 +0100

On 05/06/07, Gábor Nyékhelyi <n0gabor.maillist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!
I'm following the development of Haiku since a year or so, and im really
looking forward to R1:)
I tried some vmware images, but now I'd like to try it natively on my PC.

The specs:
-Abit AB9 mobo (Intel ICH8 for SATA, ALC883 audio, UHCI, JMicron JMB363 for
IDE and additional SATA)
-Core2 Duo E4300
-nVidia 7600GS w CRT monitor
-Creative Audigy 2 ZS
-IDE Pioneer DVD-RW
-Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP RM tuner (BT878 chip w Phillips tuner)

Is it possible with these hardwares?

Gabor

On your system SATA might be an issue, don't think the Sata driver is
finished? But I think you have good chances.  Remember you need to
make your Haiku partition bootable.  I need to use Zeta to do that as
the Linux makebootable app doesn't work for me.

I can run Haiku on my laptop, Athlon 64, 2Ghz(or 800Mhz in Haiku), 1GB
ram, IDE HD, Radeon 9700, SIS based chipset.  Sound works, but
stutters.  Wireless Mini-PCI doesn't work (obviously), haven't yet
tried the SIS900 Wired ethernet, but it is detected.

My desktop Amd X2 3400,1GB Ram, Radeon X600, Ali based chipset works
also but needs IDE DMA turned off.  Looked at fixing for that, but
can't quite decode the IDE Busmanager!