[haiku-development] IO scheduler regression?

  • From: "Bruno Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:27:59

I am just guessing that the IO scheduler is the problem here. but I am
seeing something I did not see since before the IO scheduler started
being used:

If I am doing things that are relatively IO intensive, like browsing a
page that has dozens of thumkbnails or downloading emails, from time to
time (around every minute, it seems), the HD drive lights up solidly
and although I can move my mouse, the entire app server seems to locks
up (can´t open context menus in racker or even open the Deskbar menu.
Clicking in the deskbar anywhere also does not work. This last for
around 5 to 10 seconds and, then, it suddenly gets back to life.

In case this matters,this is a quad core machine with 3 Gb of memory
available to Haiku (1 Gb is being mapped to the video card memory) so
it is definitelly not lack of CPU or memory.

-Bruno