[haiku-development] Re: IO scheduler regression?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:50:36 -0200

Gerald Zajac wrote:

Are you by any chance using Firefox v3? I haven't used Firefox under Haiku, but after I upgraded from v2 to v3 on Windows 2000, I have the same problem that you described. When displaying web pages, HD activity will be solid for about 10 to 15 seconds at various times, and other activity will be very sluggish during this intense HD activity.

No, this is not an app issue at all. This is an OS issue. Also, there is no FF3 for Haiku AFAIK.

-Bruno