[haiku-development] Re: How to "jam clean" just one object directory?

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:59:41 -0500

On 10/20/2011 4:44, Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
I tried to do "jam clean" with the pathname to the directory where the
input_server is.  I only wanted to rebuild the input server, as a full
Haiku build takes 4 1/2 hours on my ancient laptop.

Instead it cleaned everything.  "jam -q @alpha-raw" wants to rebuild everything!

I can't really hang around for another 4 1/2 hours just to see if I
can fix the link error I just reported.

I did Google for how one does "jam clean", and just "jam clean" is the
right command, according to the documentation I found, but I don't
know how to delete the generated files in just one subdirectory.

I have been trying for a couple of weeks now to do a full build of
Haiku, but have yet to succeed.

No need to clean, use -a to force the recompile...

jam -q -a input_server

--The loon