[haiku-development] Re: How to identify an Fixed font

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:36:17 +0200

2012/5/15 韩鹏飞 <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>:
> for some apps or web pages, Fixed font is used as the default font showing
> them, but
> the Fixed fonts setting by Haiku can't be set as Chinese font, like
> WenQuanYi fonts.
> So when they are displaying, the Chinese chars can't be rendered correctly
> instead of
> a rectangle box.
>
> So how does Haiku font server identify Fixed Fonts?

I'm not really experienced in this but it looks to be done in BFont,
checking if it has a  "fixed" type:
http://haiku.it.su.se:8180/source/xref/src/kits/interface/Font.cpp#335

Looking at what we did in the Firefox code for BeOS we checked if one
the font's family was either "monospace" or "fixed".
http://hg.osdrawer.net/bezilla/file/4c714ba9997f/mozilla/gfx/src/beos/nsFontMetricsBeOS.cpp#l120

So maybe that could be the issue?

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH