[haiku-development] How to identify an Fixed font

  • From: 韩鹏飞 <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:13:37 +0800

Hello all.

As for the tickets about Chinese fonts issues. I found that the key of them
is Fixed font.

for some apps or web pages, Fixed font is used as the default font showing
them, but
the Fixed fonts setting by Haiku can't be set as Chinese font, like
WenQuanYi fonts.
So when they are displaying, the Chinese chars can't be rendered correctly
instead of
a rectangle box.

So how does Haiku font server identify Fixed Fonts?

As far as I known, WenQuanYi  ZenHei font is Fixed width, but it can't be
identified as
Fixed. If we can fix this problem, then the Chinese fonts displaying
problem will be solved.

Best Regards!
--kurain

--