[haiku-development] Hardware 3D....

  • From: Matt <laceysnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:10:41 +1000

Sorry if this is a bit dim, but are there any OS side issues with this
is or is it purely the requirement for 3D Drivers providing their own
libs of particular OpenGL implementations to increase speed.

If it's merely a driver issue maybe it would be time to approach
nVidia? I'm aware they don't fully open source their drivers, but they
want to protect their products so I think that's fair enough. THey
support Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris - yes they're all X based but there
may be some merit in demonstrating to them the speed of Haiku and
showing that if they help they'll be the first to have hardware 3D in
Haiku.

Granted that's not going to work them up into a frenzy as we don't
exactly have a huge user base, but it's got to be worth a try?

Apologies for going off topic from the list's usual content!

Matt