[haiku-development] Re: Haiku booting problems

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:55:52 -0500

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Stefano Ceccherini <
stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2010/2/5 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I don't trust the icon on the desktop that says "Installer"
> >
> > Which is the very same thing as when you boot directly into it; no need
> > to worry at all.
> >
> >> So, did I do something wrong? Did I build incorrectly or something?
> >> Could
> >> this just be bad luck? Is there something wrong with creating your
> >> own
> >> target? Did I add too much optional software?
> >
> > Without at least a photo of those "few screenfuls of ugly text" we
> > never know.
> > Please file a bug report with those pictures attached.
>
> Could be the same problem reported in ticket 5341 ?
>
> I think it is the same issue. I rebuilt and reinstalled. The problem is not
fixed and it has actually gotten worse. The same thing as before happens,
but if I use the workaround posted in ticket 5341, I get kicked into gdb.
Booting from the CD bootloader seems to work well though.
I tried running makebootable, but the results were the same.
I myself find it hard to believe, but I may also be having issues with my
hardware, linux now fails to boot, freezing at either the grub menu or on
the ubuntu splash screen. I think the issue with the haiku bootloader should
be looked into and not written off as hardware problems, I'm just suggesting
that it may be possible.
Any insight?
 -PHilip RUshik