[haiku-development] Re: Haiku User Guide

  • From: Tim Howe <thowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:48:51 -0800

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:28:30 -0500
PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been trying to get more familiar with Haiku as an operating system,
> e.g. how to use it, how it works, the boot process, etc... I've been looking
> through the documentation online at
> http://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/contents.html. I'm noticing that
> it is very incomplete, there are lots of missing pages, spelling mistakes,
> etc... I took at look at my copy of the user guide from subversion (trunk
> branch), and its different from the version online. So I'm assuming whats
> being displayed online is the documentation from the R1 Alpha 1 branch.
> I'm pretty good with documentation myself, would it be useful for me to work
> on improving the documentation? I have some professional background in
> documentation. Should I work on the trunk branch and submit patches in the
> same way as anything else? or is this work unnecessary? or am I not
> qualified for it?

        Hi Phil.  I'm pretty sure you are qualified to fix anything
that you can tell is not right.  Take a look at this:
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/haiku_documentation_team_how_to .
There's also the haiku-doc mailing list for folks working on
documentation.  I'm not a person in authority or anything, but I've
been getting my head around some documentation tasks, too.  Hope to see
you on the list!

--TimH