[haiku-development] Re: Haiku User Guide

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:10:51 +0100

-- PHilip RUshik, on Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:28:30 -0500:
> http://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/contents.html. I'm noticing
> that
> it is very incomplete, there are lots of missing pages, spelling
> mistakes,
> etc... I took at look at my copy of the user guide from subversion
> (trunk
> branch), and its different from the version online. So I'm assuming
> whats
> being displayed online is the documentation from the R1 Alpha 1
> branch.

Not quite. Currently the online guide just isn't synced with SVN. I
think Niels is working on that, however.

> I'm pretty good with documentation myself, would it be useful for me
> to work
> on improving the documentation?

Of course. Everyone is welcome to contribute!

> I have some professional background in
> documentation. Should I work on the trunk branch and submit patches
> in the
> same way as anything else?

The user guide and its translations are managed at
http://userguide.haikuzone.net.
Have a look at the wiki at http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/i18n/UserGuide.
Working with the English pages is quite similar, though there is a
"Full Edit" mode that enables working directly with the HTML instead of
only "Block Edit".
Please have a look and join the documentation mailing list for further
discussion.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de