[haiku-development] Re: GLTeapot and R5/Haiku mouse tracking

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:29:59 +0100 CET

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> The mouse message thing is definitely a problem though, we will have
> think of something. I have other cases which reproduce the problem.
> For
> example scrolling large documents in Pe (though maybe I am the only
> one
> seeing it, since the direct to screen rendering is so slow on my dev
> machine.)

Actually, I'm not sure if we really should fix that. Or rather if we
do, we should have a "B_PRECISE_MOUSE" flag of some kind - since
sometimes you actually want to have that kind of resolution.
I think in BeOS, the mouse coordinates are always overwritten in a
shared area, and the app only retrieves it when it gets to it (interim
messages are automatically thrown away this way). I'm not sure how it
works in particular, but it would probably be very similar to our "no
mouse history" handling; of course we could improve it so that it
wouldn't need to send messages for those anymore.
Is there actually a difference in BeOS wether or not you're using
B_NO_POINTER_HISTORY?

Bye,
   Axel.