[haiku-development] Re: Fixing Jam for Cygwin

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:17:57 +0200

Axel Dörfler - 2009-03-12 12:28 :
Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx> wrote:
I patched Jam with the #ifdef __CYGWIN__, and it builds Haiku just fine, tested with Haiku4 on Cygwin, Haiku2 on Linux. The images work okay in VMWare. I also changed Jams version identifier to the current date, so it's clear that this is a changed version. I'm sending the patch with this mail - if you prefer this via private email in the future, let me know.

Is it still desired to apply this patch?

Come to think of it, yes. :-) I think it would be good to make compiling from Cygwin as easy as possible. Not that it has any value in itself due to the slowness, but maybe to hook a few people into trying to build Haiku. When they get depressed about the compile times, we can still tell them about using Linux VMs...

Actually it was the ability of building in Cygwin which brought me back to Haiku development. It was one of those "That's supposed to work? Let's try this..." things. Switching to a Linux VM to ease the pains followed from that. But without Cygwin builds I wouldn't be here now.

Christian