[haiku-development] Re: Fixing Jam for Cygwin

  • From: julun <host.haiku@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:08:45 +0100

Hi Christian,

Christian Packmann wrote:
Hi all,

I am wondering if Jam could be fixed to allow proper rebuilding on Cygwin without having to patch Jams 'fileunix.c' manually.

According to the tutorial at http://maurice.kaldience.com/?p=77 , Jam needs to be patched because Cygwins lseek() doesn't work properly otherwise, preventing proper rebuilds (everything will be built again, like jam -a).

The given patch is to modify fileunix.c in line 60 by adding
  # include <unistd.h>
i.e. include unistd.h unconditionally.

Is it possible to do this automatically with
  # ifdef OS_CYGWIN
  # include <unistd.h>
  # endif
without any negative consequences on other build platforms? I can't
think of any problem, but then I don't know the build system. :)

It would be nice if this could be fixed.

the patch we used was gathered from jams public perforce repo, it was posted in 2004 and so far it seems not applied. I can't remember why we removed the #if defined(OS_CYGWIN).

http://public.perforce.com:8080/@md=d&cd=//guest/lawrence_you/public/jam/src/&ra=s&po=h&c=YLQ@/4382?ac=10

Since we have a patched version of jam anyway, we should be able to include it though. No sure, but Ingo might be able to tell something more.

Regards,
Karsten