[haiku-development] Re: Extracting out libjpeg.so from the JPEG translator

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:08:28 -0400

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Stefano
Ceccherini<stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think some translators linked statically their needed libraries, to
> avoid clashes in case the user installed a newer (and binary
> incompatible) library in /boot/system or somewhere else.
> At least on beos this was a problem.

I think that makes sense and is a good reason to do this. I was just curious.

> Do that. Remember to import the library into a vendor branch first.

Hmmm, that I'm not sure about how to do. If it can be quickly
explained or someone has a link to somewhere about it I would
appreciate more info. I've seen other people do vendor branches in our
repo, I'm just not sure of the procedure and rules involved (do you
import the original clean code and then port it, or port it first and
then import it, etc.)

--
Regards,
Ryan