[haiku-development] Re: Errors when compiling libstdc++ stuff.

  • From: "Bruno Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:03:11 -0200

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:10:12 +0100, Ingo Weinhold said:

> > > Please pre-process the file only and check what the problem is.
> >
> > I ran the preprocessor in both the isolated header file
> > /boot/develop/headers/cpp/streambuf and the file including it and I
> > could not find anything wrong with the output.
>
> Just to avoid misunderstandings, the output that is produced when
> replacing
> the "-c" by "-E" in the compile line is of interest.

Yep. I actually used gcc's -save-temps option with generates the same
output as -E but conveniently saves it to a file.

> > But I may be missing
> > something subtle.
>
> I was hoping for something obvious. :-) At least that's what I would
> expect
> when the compiler complains about a harmless C++ construct.

See previous email. Somehow the problem is an interaction between <
netdb.h> and <list>. I sent a very simple sample code that triggers the
problem.

> > Want me to mail you the preprocessor output?
>
> Yep, please do.

I did not send it because I managed to track down the problem in a very
simple test case. If you still need it let me know and I will send it
to you. Of course you can also generate it youtself now as I am sure
you know how to do. ;)

-Bruno