[haiku-development] Re: EDID Problem

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:00:49 -0700

On 10/04/2008, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I'd like to add a helper function to ProposeMode(), too, such that you
>  can specify the limits of your card & monitor, and it does all the
>  magic (er, computation) for you. The intel extreme driver currently
>  doesn't really have a proper implementation of it yet.

While I hate to make this any more similar than trying to configure X
(ugh) - would it be useful to somehow leverage all that monitor
brand/model information from XOrg and allow the user to manually
specify their monitor model if desired?

Or maybe that should be a 3rd party opportunity ;)

Sorta off-topic:

With the intel_extreme driver - it seems like no matter what refresh
rate I set in the screen prefs, it always uses some default one anyway
- at least my CRT tells me it's the same every time.

I should maybe enter a Trac ticket for that.