[haiku-development] Re: EDID Problem

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:29:34 -0700

On 10/04/2008, Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Thomas wrote that code about 5 years ago when there were more old CRT
> monitors that had bad checksums.  Like I said earlier, of the 10 monitors
> that I tested, only two failed, and only one of those failures was a
> checksum error.  The monitor with the checksum error was built in 1997 by
> Shinho, and had a number of invalid data values in addition to the checksum
> error.

<snip>

>  Is the intel_extreme the only driver that currently uses the Common
> Accelerant code?  The s3savage driver does not, but the s3 driver which will
> replace it, when I solve a few problems with some of the Savage chips, does
> use the Common Accelerant code.

I've got several CRTs at my disposal, some from the late 90s, and many
from the last 5-7 years. I can test with if it helps... and I can
probably test them with the intel_extreme driver using an i865.

I can with test them - but I'm planning on sending many of them to
e-waste in the near future, so if my test results would be of any use,
please let me know :)