[haiku-development] Re: Downloading all diffs from dev.haiku-os.org

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:00:59 -0400

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Joachim Baran <joachim.baran@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is it alright to download all the diffs using wget and a one second
> wait between each download, or would it be better to get the diffs
> somehow else (for example as a database dump..)? Also, having read the
> MIT license, I assume that there is no legal problem with what I am
> about to do?

It would be much, much better to use a Git repo for this. You should
be able to get all the diffs you need from that. You can get a copy of
the Haiku repo in a Git repo here:

http://git.newos.org/

If you don't know anything about Git, it is a useful tool to learn,
especially for a project like this.

--
Regards,
Ryan