[haiku-development] Downloading all diffs from dev.haiku-os.org

  • From: Joachim Baran <joachim.baran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:22:27 +0100

Hello!

I am working on a small project in my spare time, where I try to
implement a reasonable software verification tool. In order to test
whether my tool would be able to catch real-world bugs, I am planning
to use Haiku's open source for test runs. More precisely, I would like
to make comparisons between various versions of the source code by
doing some text-mining (or code-mining in this case).

In order to run the text-mining, I plan to download all diffs
available under http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/X?format=diff (X =
1..33601), so that I can see when, for example, an if-statement is
changed (lets say from if (x < y) to if (x >= y) due to a bug..).

Is it alright to download all the diffs using wget and a one second
wait between each download, or would it be better to get the diffs
somehow else (for example as a database dump..)? Also, having read the
MIT license, I assume that there is no legal problem with what I am
about to do?

Thanks,
Joachim

--