[haiku-development] Re: DocBook Tools for BeOS?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:34:13 -0800

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What is the
>> state of Java on the BeOS these days?
>
> Still non-existent to the best of my knowledge, unfortunately.

It's Open Source now.  I would expect it to be fairly easy to port it
to get just enough support for command-line tools only.

Maybe if the build insists on a GUI implementation, I could have it
use X11 for now instead of the Application Kit.

I'll see though what I can do without needing Java.  Some of the
DocBook tools are written in C or C++ or Python.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   I'm looking for a job in Silicon Valley:
     http://www.goingware.com/resume/cover-letter.html