[haiku-development] Re: DocBook Tools for BeOS?

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:37:44 -0600

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's Open Source now.  I would expect it to be fairly easy to port it
> to get just enough support for command-line tools only.

The problem as I understand it is that at this point, its build system
or some component thereof itself relies on java. Thus you have to
bootstrap it with some cut down java implementation before you can
actually get it to build. At least that's my recollection of why it
was always such a pain to get it ported. Someone who's worked on it
can correct me / elaborate :)

Regards,

Rene