[haiku-development] Re: Directory renaming

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:10:24 -0400

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > At least I know several apps where I specifically hardcoded a check
>> > for
>> > --prefix in configure scripts to reroute various dirs in case it
>> > was /
>> > boot/beos/system by opposition to ~/config ...
>> >
>> > OSS4 also has a some vars depending on ~/config or /system ...
>> >
>> > François.
>> >

>> Nothing that cant be fixed, I hope.
>
> Just not the best moment workloadwise.

Perhaps some lesser talented devs could assist you with.  It seems
something that's fairly easy to instruct people how to do.

In general, this is something I'm in favor of -- core devs helping to
delegate menial tasks to those less skilled.  It provides an
opportunity for people to know they are making meaningful
contributions and more importantly helping core devs stay busy with
core tasks, by tackling some of their overgrown todo lists tasks.
/rant :P

--mmadia