[haiku-development] Re: Deskbar Enhancements

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 02:28:18 -0500

On 6/27/2011 18:04, John Scipione wrote:

> FTA: "I hate how I have to decide which window I want when switching to a running application in Windows 7, in case that application has multiple windows open... I just want the last active one, damn it!"

I agree with this point and have expressed it in comments in [2]. Make left click bring up the last active window. Each subsequent click should switch to the next window (including switching workspaces as necessary.)

I would like to expand this one notch:

When in expanded vertical mode highlighting the last active window for each application would help to discover which one you were using last at first glance.

A simple colored outline would do the trick nicely. The outline would go away when the window is active so as to ensure some contrast to the feature.

+1 on pretty much everything else.

Assuming everything will be optional.

Also, I would prefer the Deskbar to have better defaults:

Expander: yes, Sort: yes, Tracker always first: yes.

--The loon