[haiku-development] Re: Defining the Haiku UUID for GPT and other uses

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 20:54:04 +0200 CEST

> > Works for me. Is there any way to register such a UUID (or UUID
> > space)
> > somewhere?
>
> Good question, probably Microsoft or int<sub>e</sub>l ;)
>
> Though the (only) added values of UUIDs is they are supposed to be
> unique anyway so we shouldn't have to register them to protect them.
>
> I'm digging http://www.uefi.org/ likely they have some registry
> there.
>
> Interestingly they are citing Linux there, sign of openness :)
> http://www.uefi.org/about/

http://www.uefi.org/specs/esp_registry
There is a registry but that's for subdirectories on the EFI partition.
Nothing about GUIDs.

Maybe Haiku,Inc. could join UEFI, adopter membership seems free :
http://www.uefi.org/join/

It would give us some more visibility on higher planes of business :)

François.