[haiku-development] Re: Current vs. Past maintainers

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 10:33:34 -0500

On , Sean wrote:
True, but maybe the wording could be improved to that effect?
Alternatively, we could get rid of the separation entirely, too.

Bye,
 Axel.

I like this idea better, just Haiku Contributors

nice, plain simple and disambiguated

+1.  Lets just do "Haiku Contributors"

It would push me further down the list (selfish thought there) but
people put time and work into Haiku in other ways besides commits.

Another idea is instead of grouping them into one big mass, breaking
the contributors out without a "past" section...

Haiku engineers (lol, those who can push code)

Haiku artwork

Haiku community support

Student interns (GSOC, GCI, etc)

Special (in addition to sections above):

Haiku, Inc. board members

Haiku financial backers? (top 10 financial contributors?)

As people move up to engineer, their name would move up to the top
section. For example if Billy was a GSOC student, he would start
at Student interns and move up to engineer if he got commit access.

 -- Alex